Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fishy Smell in Smoker

Q: I have a horizontal smoker with side box (new braunfels from Academy sports) and am enjoying smoking with it. I would like to smoke some fish, maybe salmon, but my wife does not like seafood of any kind, not even the smell of it. If I smoke ribs, pork butt, chicken or anything else, and the fish at the same time, will the fish smell get into the other meat? I'm very new to smoking.
thanks

A: I have never known this to be a problem.. normally you would not be smoking fish with other items in the smoker since fish is normally smoked at a lower temp but in the event that you did, as long as the fish were not allowed to drip on or touch the other meat I think it would be just fine.

Visit Smoking-Meat.com for hundreds of great tutorials and guides on smoking meat.

The Technorati Tag for this post is

Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce Recipes.. a religious experience! Get them today by clicking here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home