Monday, June 12, 2006

Smoke Time for Boston Butt

Q: I am going to attempt my first smoked Boston butt, how long per pound should I smoke it.

A: You can usually figure on around 1.5 hours per pound for pork butt. This is a assuming that you are able to maintain 225 degrees and are going to cook the butt to about 190 degrees.

I have different methods that I use but I like to rub mine real good with Jeff's Naked Rib Rub, smoke it to about 140-150 degrees and then wrap in foil, splash on some apple juice just before closing it up and continuing to cook it at 225 until it reaches 200-205 degrees.

This yields a pork butt that pretty much falls apart when you open the foil and melts in your mouth like butter.

I have complete documentation on this method on the website at the link below:

http://www.smoking-meat.com/nov-2005-more-turkey-tips-and-recipes.html


Visit Smoking-Meat.com for hundreds of great tutorials and guides on smoking meat.

The Technorati Tag for this post is

Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce Recipes.. a religious experience! Get them today by clicking here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home