Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Using Bradford Pear for Smoking

Q: Is Bradford Pear wood suitable for smoking? I have searched the internet and am more confused now than before. Some people say yes and some say no.

Thank you

A: I will tell you this.. I have a buddy who claims he uses it all the time with no problems. I had an incident about 6 months ago where I mixed some bradford pear with oak and the meat came out tasting a little off.

Personally, I am not going to use it anymore but that is just me.

I told my buddy about the incident and he claims it had to be something wrong with the oak since the pear is always so good for him.

I guess I am as confused about it as you are.. I have just decided that there are too many other good woods that it is not worth the risk to me.

Now, having said that.. if I had access to tons of bradford pear then I would do more testing with it on chicken or something non-expensive so I could make a very informed decision about it and maybe it would turn out to be ok.

Let me know if you find out anything on it.

Visit Smoking-Meat.com for hundreds of great tutorials and guides on smoking meat.

The Technorati Tag for this post is

Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce Recipes.. a religious experience! Get them today by clicking here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home