Monday, May 15, 2006

Propane Smoker Causes Dry Meat?

Q: Did you ever hear of propane smoking being the cause of drying out the meat more than charcoal or wood?

A: I have never heard that in my neck of the woods and in the circles that I run in.. I will tell you that I have been experimenting with wood and propane smoking for many years now and I can assure you that if you follow proper methods of smoking.. i.e. you maintain the correct temperature for the meat you are cooking, mop the meat during the smoking process, and take the meat off at the precise moment it is safe and correct to do so (a digital probe meat thermometer will help you with this), you will never have a problem with meat drying out regardless of your fuel source.

Visit Smoking-Meat.com for hundreds of great tutorials and guides on smoking meat.

The Technorati Tag for this post is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home