Friday, July 07, 2006

Choke Cherry for Smoking

Q: I have a choke cherry in my backyard.would that wood be good for smoking?

A: I have not used choke cherry myself (lack of access) but based on a discussion we had a while back it is completely fine.

I have heard a rumor that it can cause some bitterness if over used but I cannot personally attest to that.

My recommendation is to try it on something like chicken and see how it turns out.. if it turns out to be something you don't like then you've only lost a few bucks for the chicken.

If you decide to cut it down and use it for smoking, be sure to season it at least 6 months before using to prevent creosote formation.

Visit Smoking-Meat.com and WYNTK.us for hundreds of great tutorials and guides on smoking meat.

The Technorati Tag for this post is

Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce Recipes.. a religious experience! Make everyone think you're a pro (even if you're not!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home