Saturday, July 15, 2006

Brining Turkey

Q: How much salt and how long would a Turkey stay in the brine solution? It's my first time smoking a turkey and I could use some help.

A: Just use 1 cup of kosher salt per gallon of water.. kosher salt is best since it dissolves much easier. If you ever have to use regular salt only use half as much of it.

Brine the turkey for about 10 hours for best results and be sure to rinse it well under cool water before smoking.

I have listed my own personal brine recipe at the following link:

http://www.wyntk.us/food/brining-meat.shtml


Visit Smoking-Meat.com and WYNTK.us for hundreds of great tutorials and guides on smoking meat.

The Technorati Tag for this post is

Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce Recipes.. a religious experience! Make everyone think you're a pro (even if you're not!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about pickling salt? I've been using that to do brine for chx.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home